Today, as one of the nation's 60 largest bank holding companies and a full-service financial services provider with more than 150 years of experience, we're still focused on building our company one relationship at a time. But building relationships takes patience and commitment, and it requires a special kind of employee. Someone who's willing to consistently invest themselves not only in the interests of our customers, but in the greater good of our community.
That's why our entire corporate culture is built around finding the right people and empowering them to deliver excellence. We call it FIRSTPOWER, and it permeates every aspect of our competitive strategy to our community involvement. FIRSTPOWER is the attitude of embracing candor, change, inclusion and teamwork that every employee brings to the job each day.
It is evident in the way our people consistently embrace our shared values and vision for the future as well as the priority we have placed on diversity and inclusion.
The result is a work environment that fosters innovation, teamwork, customer advocacy and a clear understanding of how the contributions of each employee are woven together to define the success of the organization.
At First Tennessee, we understand that finding the best people is nothing more than a noble – and unattainable – goal if we are not committed to rewarding them with a competitive compensation package. That's why we take our benefits very seriously and why we created a Total Compensation package that touches every aspect of an employee's life from finances to family life and from career development to healthcare.
The following is a list of possible benefits you could receive if employed. Click on the category headline to expand the benefits under each section. These benefits can vary by position and location. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Managing Your health
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage – avariety of options available so you can choose a plan that fits you and your family.
- Wellness Program – the Wellness Program was developed to foster a healthy work environment and encourage employees to adopt healthier and more active lifestyles. The Wellness Committee provides input on employee wellness needs, plans and coordinates various wellness events and encourages employee participation.
- HealthMiles – part of our company wellness initiative, HealthMiles is a health rewards program that provides incentives for being physically active. All you do is keep track of your activity level and biometrics, and you can earn up to $600 a year. And the bonus is better health.
Managing Your Money
- First Horizon Savings Plan (100% vested) – an opportunity to save for your retirement. You are 100 percent vested from the start, and the company provides a matching contribution after one year of service.
- Flexible Dollars – company-provided dollars that assist you with the purchase of your benefits.
- Flexible Spending Accounts – tax-saving reimbursement accounts for health and dependent care expenses.
- Health Savings Account – an opportunity for those in the Consumer-Driven Health Plan to set aside pre-tax income to pay for health care expenses or save for retirement.
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Coverage – benefits that protect your income if you are unable to work due to personal illness or injury.
Managing your family
- Adoption Reimbursement Program – reimbursement for adoption-related expenses.
- Company-provided Group Life Insurance (company-provided) – abasic level of life insurance paid for by the company.
- LifeWorks OneSource – life counseling (Employee Assistance Program) and personal assistant services.
- Paid holidays/vacations – paid time-off to spend with your family.
- Voluntary Group Life Insurance – additional life insurance coverage at discounted group rates.
- Workplace Flexibility – opportunity for alternative work arrangements.
Managing your career
- Career Learning Center – free resources to help you in your professional development.
- Computer-based Training – software and online resources to help you improve your job skills at your own pace.
- Employee Mentoring Program – opportunity to learn from the experiences of other employees and leaders with similar career interests and aspirations.
- Informational Interviewing – process that enables you to learn more about other career interests in the company.
- Internal Application Program – opportunity to apply for other jobs within the company.
- Performance Management – process that ensures you know what is expected, receive regular feedback and are recognized for your contributions.
- Tuition Reimbursement – financial assistance to help you with the cost of continuing your education.
More than 90% of First Tennessee employees said they are satisfied with their overall compensation because of the benefits available to them and their families such as the First Horizon Savings Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeWorks, and health, dental and vision insurance just to name a few.