Your transactions are absolutely safe. Capital Bank works with cutting edge technology partners to ensure that the most secure environment is made possible for our valued clients. We offer you worry free online banking. You can be completely confident of the following security measures:
Our system ensures that data exchanged between your PC and our computers is encrypted with 128-bit encryption-the strongest encryption available. Encryption is accomplished through Secure Sockets Layers (SSL), which utilizes mathematical formulas to "encrypt" or hide information from prying eyes on the Internet. Additionally, if SSL detects that data was added or deleted after you sent it to the bank, the connection will be severed in order to guard against any tampering. The most popular browsers have the SSL security feature built in.
Our site is optimized for best viewing with 32-bit color at 1024 x 960 resolution.
Our site works best with a modem speed of 28.8 or higher.
Our computer system does not connect directly to the Internet. It is isolated from the network via a "firewall." A firewall is a combination of software and hardware products that designate parameters and control and limit the access that outside computers have to the bank's internal network and databases. You can feel secure knowing that our firewall protects your personal information from unauthorized access.
User ID’s and passwords are isolated from the Internet by being stored on Capital Bank’s computer. This way the passwords and ID’s can never be accessed or downloaded by anyone on the Internet. Additionally, user passwords can vary from eight to twelve characters, which means the chance of randomly guessing a password is virtually impossible. The system also checks for invalid logins and automatically disallows a user after three invalid attempts. This prohibits the "hacker" from gaining access to our system, thus protecting your accounts.
You will be responsible for maintaining one of the most important security measures, your password. When you receive your CB Connect and/or Capital Connection password, be sure to keep it a secret. Memorize it or keep it in a safe place. It is not recommended you carry your password in your purse or wallet. Make sure no one watches you enter your password and always close your browser when leaving the computer. Make sure you regularly scan your computer for viruses that could be used to capture password keystrokes. You ultimately hold the key to your password security. Not even our bank associates know your password.
- Do not reply to an email, pop-up message, or a phone call that you have not initiated, asking for personal or financial information (Capital Bank will never ask you for such items as your Access ID, Pass code, Account Number(s), Card Number(s) or Social Security Number in an email or by a phone call that you have not initiated).
- Do not fill out forms in email messages that ask for personal or financial information.
- Delete suspicious emails without opening them. If you do open a suspicious email, do not open any attachments or click on any links it may contain.
- Keep your computer operating system and Internet browser current.
- Install and regularly update virus protection software.
- Ensure that you're using a secure website when submitting sensitive information.
- Use a unique pass code and change your online pass codes often.
- Regularly log into your online accounts to ensure that all transactions are legitimate.