Debit and ATM Cards
MasterCard® Debit Card
Paying for purchases is made simple with Capital Bank debit cards and ATM cards. With your busy schedule, you may not have time to visit the bank to get cash, which makes these cards so convenient.
- A Capital Bank Debit MasterCard is the hassle-free alternative to check writing or cash
- Accepted wherever the MasterCard logo is displayed
- Card purchases are debited from a designated checking account
- Debit card also functions as an ATM card and is accepted at any Star®, Plus®, Exchange®, Interlink ®, or Access® ATM, Publix® Presto
Combined daily debit card limit for merchant transactions is $1,500 Daily ATM cash withdrawal limit is $500.
As a MasterCard® cardholder your card issuer won’t hold you liable in the event of an unauthorized use of your U.S.-issued MasterCard® card. Exceptions apply. This coverage extends to purchases made in a store, over the telephone, or online.
Zero Liability is provided under the following conditions:
· Your account is in good standing.
· You have exercised reasonable care in safeguarding your card.
· You have not reported two or more unauthorized events in the past 12 months.
Instructions to activate your card:
· Customers with a Social Security Number can call 1-877-296-2737 at anytime to activate and select a PIN for your new Capital Bank debit card. You must call from the phone number you have on file at Capital Bank. You will need to enter your 9 digit Social Security Number for your Personal Debit Card and follow the prompts to activate and select your Personal Identification Number (PIN).
· Customers who received a PIN mailer with a new card may call 1-877-296-2736 at anytime to activate your card. Your PIN is required.
· All customers may call 1-800-272-9222 at anytime to change your PIN. Your current PIN is required for the change.
· For activation issues and other question relating to your Capital Bank Debit Card please contact your local branch or call 1-800-233-6330.
Benefits of using your Capital Bank Debit Card
Our cardholders enjoy the value-added benefit of accessing not only Capital Bank ATMs but over 975 Presto! ATMs in
· Reduce your need for checks or cash
· Automatically deduct funds from your checking account - no need to write a check, show identification, or wait for check approvals.
· Use as a credit card without assessing any fees or interest.
· No monthly payments or finance charges (unless you utilize an overdraft line of credit).
· No need to carry extra cash or keep a lot of petty cash on hand with millions of acceptance locations and over 9,000,000 ATM’s worldwide.
· Get authorization for immediate shipment of any mail, phone, or Internet orders.
· Set variable daily limits on purchase and cash withdrawals to protect account from fraud.
Features and Benefits through MasterCard®
· MasterCard Global Service™:
o Provides 24 hours a day, seven days a week customer service assistance with:
o Lost and Stolen Card Reporting.
o Emergency Card Replacement.
o Emergency Cash Advance.
o Assist in locating ATMs and help with account-related questions.
· MasterAssist® Travel Assistance Services:
Provides Cardholders traveling 50 miles or more from home, travel related assistance services. This is especially reassuring when visiting a place for the first time, or if you do not speak the language of the country being visited.
o MasterTrip® Travel Assistance:
Provides per-trip destination information-including information on weather conditions, documentation (visas, pass-ports), immunizations, and currency exchange rates. Will help cardholders locate any lost or stolen travel materials, including luggage.
o MasterLegal® Referral Service:
Provides referrals to attorneys or consultations with local embassies or consulates while traveling abroad.
o Travel Service Medical Assistance:
Provides a global referral network of physicians, dentists, hospitals, and pharmacies. If the cardholder is hospitalized, MasterAssist will arrange to have messages relayed home; to have the cardholder transferred to another faculty; or to have a family member or friend brought to the cardholder’s bedside if they have been traveling alone.
MasterCard SecureCode is a new online security service to help guard you against unauthorized use of your MasterCard card while shopping online at participating merchants. When you register to receive your MasterCard SecureCode, you will be asked certain information in order to verify your identity.
How Does It Work?
· You must register your MasterCard debit card to create your personal SecureCode.
· Shop at participating merchants with your MasterCard debit card, complete your order and click Submit like you would normally do.
· The MasterCard SecureCode box will automatically open on the merchant order form asking for your SecureCode. It's as simple as using the PIN at an ATM machine. Note: You will be able to bypass registering for your SecureCode several times before you will be required to register to make online purchases at participating merchants.
· Enter your unique SecureCode and within seconds, your identity is confirmed and your purchase will be complete. This electronic communication is solely between you and Capital Bank. Your information is never shared with the merchant.
How Do I Register?
To register and create your MasterCard SecureCode, click here or sign up at any participating merchant online site.
So sign up today for your own personal SecureCode and know that you’ll enjoy added security while you shop online.
24-Hour ATM Card
Bank with us 24 hours a day from thousands of ATM locations throughout the world.
- No fee to make deposits, withdrawals and transfers at any Capital Bank ATM
- Get cash or transfer funds 24 hours a day from thousands of ATM locations that display the Star®, Plus®, Interchange® or Access® logos
- Use your Capital Bank ATM card with any merchants that display the Star®, Plus®, Interchange®, Interlink Access®, or Publix® Presto logos
Daily ATM cash withdrawal limit is $500.