Debit and ATM Cards
MasterCard® Debit Card
Paying for purchases is made simple with Capital Bank debit cards and ATM cards. With your busy schedule, you may not have time to visit the bank to get cash, which makes these cards so convenient.
- A Capital Bank Debit MasterCard is the hassle-free alternative to check writing or cash
- Accepted wherever the MasterCard® logo is displayed
- Card purchases are debited from a designated checking account
- Debit card also functions as an ATM card and is accepted at all ATMs in the following networks: Star®, Cirrus®, Maestro®, MasterCard® or Presto!
- No fees to make deposits, withdrawals and transfers at a Capital Bank ATM
Standard Default Card Limits:
- $2,500 Combined daily debit card limit for merchant transactions.
- $500 Daily ATM cash withdrawal limit.
Have peace of mind knowing that the financial institution that issued your MasterCard® or Debit MasterCard® card won’t hold you responsible for “unauthorized purchases.” Zero liability applies to all transactions conducted with a MasterCard® branded card, including PIN-based transactions at the POS and ATM. You will not be held responsible in the event of unauthorized purchases provided that the following conditions are met:
- You have exercised reasonable care in safeguarding your card from risk of loss or theft.
- Upon becoming aware of loss or theft, you have promptly reported the loss or theft to the issuer.
Zero Liability does not apply to MasterCard Business Cards or Debit MasterCard Business Cards:
(i) Issued for commercial, business or agricultural purposes (PLEASE NOTE: Zero Liability does apply to MasterCard credit and debit cards for small businesses); or
(ii) Issued or sold “anonymously” (for example, a prepaid card purchased in a store), until such time as the identity of the cardholder has been registered with the financial institution that issued the card.
Instructions to activate your card:
- Customers with a Social Security Number can call 1-800-752-9259 at anytime to activate and select a PIN for your new Capital Bank debit card. You will need to enter your 9 digit Social Security Number for your Personal Debit Card and follow the prompts to activate and select your Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- Customers who received a PIN mailer with a new card may call 1-800-752-9259 at anytime to activate your card. Your PIN is required.
- All customers may call 1-800-752-9259 at anytime to change your PIN. Your current PIN is required for the change.
- For activation issues and other questions relating to your Capital Bank Debit Card please contact your local branch or call 1-800-639-5111.
Benefits of using your Capital Bank Debit Card
- Reduce your need for checks or cash
- Automatically deduct funds from your checking account - no need to write a check, show identification, or wait for check approvals.
- Use as a credit card without assessing any fees or interest.
- No monthly payments or finance charges (unless you utilize an overdraft line of credit).
- No need to carry extra cash or keep a lot of petty cash on hand with millions of acceptance locations and over 9,000,000 ATM’s worldwide.
- Get authorization for immediate shipment of any mail, phone, or Internet orders.
- Set variable daily limits on purchase and cash withdrawals to protect account from fraud.
Features and Benefits through MasterCard®
· MasterCard Global Service™:
o Provides 24 hours a day, seven days a week customer service assistance with:
o Lost and Stolen Card Reporting.
o Emergency Card Replacement.
o Emergency Cash Advance.
o Assist in locating ATMs and help with account-related questions.
· MasterAssist® Travel Assistance Services:
Provides Cardholders traveling 50 miles or more from home, travel related assistance services. This is especially reassuring when visiting a place for the first time, or if you do not speak the language of the country being visited.
o MasterTrip® Travel Assistance:
Provides per-trip destination information-including information on weather conditions, documentation (visas, pass-ports), immunizations, and currency exchange rates. Will help cardholders locate any lost or stolen travel materials, including luggage.
o MasterLegal® Referral Service:
Provides referrals to attorneys or consultations with local embassies or consulates while traveling abroad.
o Travel Service Medical Assistance:
Provides a global referral network of physicians, dentists, hospitals, and pharmacies. If the cardholder is hospitalized, MasterAssist will arrange to have messages relayed home; to have the cardholder transferred to another faculty; or to have a family member or friend brought to the cardholder’s bedside if they have been traveling alone.
24-Hour ATM Card
Bank with us 24 hours a day from thousands of ATM locations throughout the world.
- No fee to make deposits, withdrawals and transfers at any Capital Bank ATM
- Get cash or transfer funds 24 hours a day from thousands of ATM locations that display the Star®, Plus®, Interchange® or Access® logos
- Use your Capital Bank ATM card with any merchants that display the Star®, Cirrus®, Maestro®, MasterCard® or Presto! logos
Daily ATM cash withdrawal limit is $500.