Here are some ways to help minimize potential fraud:
- Monitor account activity on a daily basis. By using your Retail Online Banking, you can view your account balances and transactions.
- Ensure your company’s computers are free from viruses and malware by keeping your anti-virus software up to date.
- Do not share your login credentials with other employees. Any misuse of information or unapproved transaction initiation between employees using the same login credentials will be harder to ascertain and profile and puts the company at risk for loss.
- Per Capital Bank specifications, use strong passwords that include alpha and numeric digits. In addition, employees should be prompted to change them periodically.
- Do not respond to emails requesting personal or banking information, such as Social Security numbers, bank account numbers or PIN numbers.
- Refrain from clicking on any links in an email if you are uncertain about the origin of the email. Often times, links allow criminals access to your information through software programs that are invisible to the user.