You pay only for the purchases you have authorized on your MasterCard, and you won't be held liable in the event of an unauthorized purchase. This coverage extends to purchases made in stores, over the phone or online.
- When you use your MasterCard, you're protected against fraud.
- Have peace of mind knowing that the financial institution that issued your MasterCard won't hold you responsible for "unauthorized transactions." As a MasterCard cardholder, Zero Liability applies to your purchases made in the store, over the phone, online or via a mobile device and ATM transactions. As a cardholder, you will not be held responsible for unauthorized transactions if:
- You have used reasonable care in protecting your card from loss or theft; and
- You have promptly reported to your financial institution when you knew that your MasterCard® debit card was lost or stolen.
- If you believe there has been unauthorized use on your account and you meet the conditions above, rest easy knowing you're protected by Zero Liability.
- Zero Liability does not apply to the following (or certain) MasterCard payment cards: Commercial cards, unregistered prepaid cards or gift cards.
- What to do - If you have questions regarding Zero Liability coverage or you suspect unauthorized use of your card, contact your financial institution IMMEDIATELY.
*Certain restrictions, terms and conditions apply. Contact your card issuer or see Zero Liability for full details.